неділю, 12 жовтня 2014 р.



Body language
They say that gestures of people can say much more, than words. You can never tell, if the words of a person are true, but movements or some actions can display what people don`t want to show up. As a matter of fact, they show unconscious expression of our feelings and emotions. At any rate, you can also misinterpret somebody`s gestures and jump into conclusions, if you are not enough observant.
Actions speak louder than words, so I decided to look out for my groupmates` behavior and find out if combinations of gestures can really imply certain emotions. On Monday we had a practical class – Political Studies. So I have made such generalizations:
-         Nearly everyone was nervous, some people stroked with their fingers;
-         One girl was biting her fingernails while reading and revising the material;
-         The boy, who wasn`t prepared, tried to avoid eye contact with teacher;
-         My neighbor told me, that her hands became sweat, when she was giving an answer;
-         As for me, I went red because I felt embarrassed and was afraid if my answer was right;
-         Even so, there were people, whose excitement reflected in excessive gestures.
As a matter of fact, body language of my groupmates displayed nearly the same emotions, but expressed in different ways. In any case, I could interpret them correctly because I realized the situation and expected such reaction. But, as I was saying, we have to bear in mind, that context, circumstances are very important for understanding the situation, because the same gestures can have different meaning in different situations.



4 коментарі:

  1. To tell the truth, I don't believe in body language. Of course, there are few naive people, who feel ecstatic and jubilant despite all the difficulties. Even so, the proverb says "once bitten, twice shy", and that's the right way to behave yourself in our society. We can't lose our temper, because people always may understand our innermost thoughts. It is obvious to bear this in mind, because people may suppress their feelings.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. I believe that such phenomenon as body language is kind of instinct which hardly could be under control. In such way we disclose our reaction and it's hard to turn this fact down.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  3. You have done good generalization. I even saw some similarities. Do you often use body language? And what do you think, has origin of our gestures connection with our outlook and instincts?

    ВідповістиВидалити
  4. Truth in body language. I have studied body language and neuro-linguistic 2 years. Body language refers to our expressions, actions and behaviors as they relate to language and communications.

    ВідповістиВидалити